Monday, March 7, 2011

Meeting Canceled

Emailing you to let you know I need to cancel tomorrow night's meeting.  I have not been able to complete the things I wanted to have done because I have been so sick off and on.  I am sorry if this has messed up anyone's schedules.  I will most likely email tomorrow with a rescheduled date.

On another note, if you have not yet committed Firefighters Wives For Christ to prayer, I ask that you do.  And if you have prayed, please continue to do so.  The Lord did not burden me with this group without a purpose.  Even though I am not quite certain of His purpose, and what He wants to accomplish with this group, I know He's led it this far and He will reveal His plan.  And I can't wait for that.  I want as many as of you as possible to be a part of that.  A part of something that's bigger than ourselves.  Something that is going to bring about change... changed attitudes, changed hearts, changed lives.  And not for our glory, but for His.

So I challenge you, not just to be praying, but to put your faith in action.  Take the time to invest in fellowship with other believers and time with the Lord.  Seek His face, His will, His voice.  He is always in communication with you.  To find Him and hear His voice you must seek Him.  Anything you desire more than Him is an idol.  Yes, an idol.  Let Him be your constant pursuit instead of some other goal.  If that goal fits into His plans, He will help you accomplish it.  If not, He will gently change your heart's desire to align your will with His.  Pursue Him first and foremost, and the rest of your life will fall into place, piece by piece.  Take that promise of His to heart.  "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:33
"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4



No comments:

Post a Comment